RE: 100 X 2 MS Word Docs

Subject: RE: 100 X 2 MS Word Docs
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:27:17 -0700

Trude,
When I've had documents like this, I've always created a style for the
instructor notes that uses hidden text. Then, when you need to print the
student version, simply make sure the option to print hidden text is
turned off. You have consistent styles.

You have a lot of manual labor ahead of you no matter what, but if you
use the Style Organizer in Word, you can create the styles you want in a
single document, and then copy them into all the others. You will have
to manually apply the styles.

For goodness sake spare yourself the PowerPoint solution. Even later
versions than 97 don't solve the fact that you're going into a
completely different kind of program. You'd pretty much end up copying
line-by-line and formatting each one. The only reason I can see to put
yourself through that hell is if the instructor needs to use the
PowerPoint to make the presentation--but it doesn't sound like that's
the case here.

Lisa