Re: Doulbe-clicking a Help topic

Subject: Re: Doulbe-clicking a Help topic
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:26:42 -0600

On 28 May 2002 at 12:06, Erin Cullingham wrote:

> It seems that when he selects a Help Topic from the list in the Search tab,
> that topic flashes for a split second and then quickly switches to the
> Help's Intro Topic (that is, the default topic that displays when the Help
> is first launched). He went on, in his defect report, to say that he could
> view the desired Help Topic (that which momentarily flashed on his screen)
> by clicking the Help window's BACK button.

Check the position of the Search window and the Help window once
it's opened. What you are likely seeing is that you are actually
getting a "triple click" -- a double-click that opens the Topic and then
another click where the mouse pointer just so happens to be
positioned over the Help Contents button of the opened help file.

This is a known "feature" of WinHelp. If you reposition the help
window when it opens, this should go away. From the WinHelp bug
list:

"If a window is positioned over another window such that a button on
the top window is directly over a button on the lower window, clicking
on the visible button may cause the button in the lower window to be
executed."

©1996 Steve Pruitt and William Meisheid ver 1.0a

Dana W.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l