Re: Reporting indecent spam

Subject: Re: Reporting indecent spam
From: MN Mary <runfox -at- winternet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:41:47 +1000

PV
Hotmail will sell your name/addy faster than youu can say ponce. Have you
accidentally tripped upon a porn site? An honest misspell, a tired twist of
the wrist, or even an honest blooper can get you to a porn site quite by
mistake and when that happens, they have all the info that they need to
start spamming you as well as selling your info and addy to others 'in the
field". For that matter, any site that you enter can do the same, even the
non-porn sites, and I doubt that they discriminate <on the basis of
"content">, against anyone who wants to buy your name. If you've surfed
the internet with that email, you could have picked up that little porn bug
anywhere, not just this list <although that certainly could be an option as
well>. Just because you "keep it clean" and only dally with "clean" sites
does not mean you are not at risk. Appearances mean nothing.
Just as in real life? if you play?you risk?period.
MN Mary

At 01:35 PM 5/25/02 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello all,
>I would like to draw your attention to an irritating episode of indecent
>spam of a pornographic nature that I have been subjected to for the past one
>month. I am writing about this to the list because the hotmail ID that I use
>to subscribe to the list is undisclosed elsewhere. So the question really
>boils down to one of the following:
>how secure is our personal information that has been trusted with the list
>owner.
> or
>are there people out there in the list posing as members, but with nefarious
>designs?
>
>In fact, I am forced to write to the list because an earlier mail to the
>list owner webmaster -at- raycomm -dot- com on the same issue didn't fetch me any
>response.
>
>As a member of the list, I am deeply concerned about this and would like to
>share my concern with you.
>
>With regards
>PV
"She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
-- Mark Twain

( ">
)(
// )