RE: Help/User assistance for web sites

Subject: RE: Help/User assistance for web sites
From: "Rhonda Munster" <rhonda -at- helpsystems -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:59:14 +1200

Chuck asked:
>>I'm doing some research on Help systems (user assistance) on web sites
(not web-based applications), especially membership and e-commerce
sites. I'm wonderiing if anyone is doing precisely this and what tools
and technologies they are using.<<

Hi Chuck

I have recently completed a help system for a client's web site using
HyperText Studio with their BrowserHelp add-on www.olsonsoft.com and the
client was very pleased. It is reasonably priced, easy to use and
brings in Word cleanly (you can run a clean Word function). It uses a
WYSIWYG editor but allows you to edit the source HTML.

Char James-Tanny has a great matrix on her site www.helpstuff.com for
comparing various software options.

HTH
Rhonda