RE: writing and klepto tests are for wussies...

Subject: RE: writing and klepto tests are for wussies...
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:58:42 -0400

I've taken the klepto test myself. Once while in high school while applying for a job at a convenience store and again where I applied for a job in a print production shop for a chain of gocery stores.

The prodcution shop was a weird one because I was given the personailty/klepto test in a pre-interview and emphatically told that the information was for demographic purposes only (questioned right then why I was taking it), and that my resposnse would in no way be a factor in my considereation for employment (REALLY questioned why I was tking it). The quiz asked a lot of question about affirmative action and equality for women in the work place. (Personally--and please, I only relate my opinion for the sake of the yarn, not to start debate--I don't believe anyone needs special treatment. I view every individual as an equal unitl they prove me wrong with some bone-headed stunt of incompetence. I expect everyone else to do the same. Naive attitude? Mabey; but I can live with it and I prefer it to the alternative.) And being an honest person I answered their questions honestly and believed my responses would not be used. Imagine my surprise then, when being interviewed by the female head of the shop, she pulled out my test and began grilling me on my responses! Apparently we did not share a common opinion on the subjects.

Also IIRC, such personailty/kletpo test are now banned in New York State. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a ban on them comming about after some employees sued a convenience store chain for setting them up to be fired, and won. I can from expereince, say that it's true that as soon as I was hired by the convenience, they began looking for reasons to fire me. Not because I was a bad, immoral or thieving person (I'm and Eagle Scout for crying out loud) but because that was the way they did business. Needless to say turn over was quite high at that joint and I was a long-time senior emplyee after surviving six months. But that's getting into a whole nother story! :^)

-Greg

Lajerid - Creeaght - Diarail

>>> "bryan johnson" <bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com> 05/21/02 09:25AM >>>

I've always enjoyed "taking" the klepto-tests;

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l