Re: Bringing up DOS

Subject: Re: Bringing up DOS
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:12:42 -0400

> As for the item on the Programs portion of the Start menu...
> I don't trust that it'll be there. The user can totally
> customize that menu and he/she may remove it.

Go with the default configuration. Most users don't customize it. If they know
enough to customize the Start menu, chances are they'll know how to adapt the
generic instructions for their own configuration. ("Select Start, Programs,
Accessories, MS-DOS Prompt. Oh, wait, I moved that to Programs>Accessories>Stuff
I Never Use. There it is...")

I agree with Megan that you should include multiple versions -- for Windows 98,
do this; for Windows 2000, do that...

MTC...
Christine

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l