Re: techwr-l digest: May 15, 2002

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: May 15, 2002
From: "BurlEv" <burlev -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 03:07:42 -0700

Depends on how tech savvy your audience is. In some documentation, I beleive
that Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 and later use the following technique,
document standards are established in the introduction to define a point of
reference. Such as, "You should prefix all paths provided in this material
with c:\directory1\directorya\directoryi\ unless directed otherwise" or
something like that.

If there is not a requirement to use the GUI you could direct the user to
either search for the file, have them use the Run dialog box, or use the Run
dialog box with an environmental variable. For example, the environmental
variable for your temporary directory is %temp%. So, I would use the
procedure (In proper form):
Click File, Run, type %temp%, and click OK.

Burl

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l