RE: Job Hunting Stories

Subject: RE: Job Hunting Stories
From: "Kane, Beth" <Beth -dot- Kane -at- ncslearn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:52:38 -0500

I found my current job through monster.com. Found out later this company's
HR dept. ONLY advertises its jobs through its own Web site and monster.com,
no exceptions.

One thing I think I did wrong when job-hunting on Web sites was searching
only on these words: write, document and edit.

With all the job titles people like us have these days, I should've been
hunting for titles containing words like information, architect, designer,
developer, knowledge, content, web, internet, technical, analyst, metadata,
etc.

I hunted for 6 months last year before striking gold, the longest it ever
took me. The TW job market in Tucson is bad, starting about Jan. 2001 and
continuing.

Beth Kane
Sr. Technical Writer
Services & Systems Support