RE: Shared PDF Writer

Subject: RE: Shared PDF Writer
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:48:57 -0700

John Posada wrote:

I read the EULA and I don't see it as a violoation. What specific
statement of the EULA is this a violation?
<<<

It's paragraph 2.2 in the Acrobat 5.x license. It may be a different
paragraph number in the license for other versions.

This is with Distiller is loaded local and only watching the network
folder, and you've bought enough copies to cover the people using it.
The EULA doesn't specify that the folder must be local..it doesn't
specify location at all, only where the software is installed.
<<<

Sure ... if you've bought enough licenses that there is one for each
person distilling through the watched folder. Otherwise, not.

There is no "spirit" when interpreting the EULA. It is a contract.
Lawyers get big bucks making sure that they are covered.
<<<

Definitely correct.

Regards,

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA / 415.550.8367
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com / http://www.knopf.com

WebWorks and RoboHelp Certified - RoboHelp MVP
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l