RE: Shared PDF Writer

Subject: RE: Shared PDF Writer
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

I read the EULA and I don't see it as a violoation. What specific
statement of the EULA is this a violation?

This is with Distiller is loaded local and only watching the network
folder, and you've bought enough copies to cover the people using it.
The EULA doesn't specify that the folder must be local..it doesn't
specify location at all, only where the software is installed.

There is no "spirit" when interpreting the EULA. It is a contract.
Lawyers get big bucks making sure that they are covered.

--- Sean Brierley <sbri -at- haestad -dot- com> wrote:

> Isn't there a product that is a network version of Distiller that
> you would buy for network use?
>
> > do you
> > really think that Adobe is going to have a problem
> > with it?
>
> If you are in violation of your EULA and somebody turns you in and
> there are other issues, maybe. In reality, I doubt it. This is a
> spirit versus letter thing, I suspect.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I'm not flying...I'm falling with style"
---Buzz Lightyear
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l