RE: How to fend off a tech writer

Subject: RE: How to fend off a tech writer
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:42:54 -0400

Michael wrote

> > Well, it happened again. After 3 months on the gig, I got an
> > email from a middle manager stating "Don't distract the
> > developers... send all your questions to me instead... etc
> > etc..."

Well, as Abe Lincoln reportedly said, "the best way to get a bad law
repealed is to enforce it strictly." So go ahead. Bury that middle manager
with your questions.

And, as Janet suggested, be particularly nice to the developers. More to the
point, talk to them when you *don't* want something from them.

Marguerite

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l