RE: How to fend off a tech writer

Subject: RE: How to fend off a tech writer
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:55:39 -0700 (PDT)

I guess I've been lucky. I've not had much experience with people reluctant to
work with me as a Technical Writer. Of course, I don't assume they have to work
with me. I do assume I have to work with them.

I try very hard to find out what works for engineers, developers, managers,
shop stewards, or whatever. Some people like one-on-one, others prefer larger
gatherings. I've always felt it was up to me to find out or figure out how I
can best get the information I need.

But I've never had a problem where I was banned from asking questions or
attending meetings. Maybe it's an Ohio thing, but around here they only seem to
do that if you've proven yourself incompetent.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 03/14/02
--The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.--

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr