Role of techwriters in the KM process

Subject: Role of techwriters in the KM process
From: sassy shewolf <sassy_shewolf -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:52:01 +0100 (BST)

Heya folks,
Have a few doubts, that I would like clarified. Would
love it if you guys could shed some light in this hazy
path that I am currently wandering.

1. What is the role of a Tech Writer / Co-ordinator in
the Knowledge Management process.
2. Would switching from content and help authoring to
knowledge management (or managers as the case may be)
constitute a big leap into nothing from which there is
no return :-)
3. Is Knowledge Management another name (a fancy one
at that)for the tasks that an Information Architect
does or is it another area altogether?

Regards,

Parineetha.

For live cricket scores download Yahoo! Score Tracker
at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr