RE: RoboHelp: Topic Does Not Exist (129) error

Subject: RE: RoboHelp: Topic Does Not Exist (129) error
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 12:22:54 -0500

> Hello to everyone out there. I am having problems with two
> Help buttons in an application displaying a "Topic Does Not
> Exist (129)" error. I have gone to Robohelp for some help
> but after trying all three of there suggestion and about 10
> of my own theories dealing with map ids, broken links, and
> cnt files. I have not figured out how to get it to link to
> the already existing topics. it compiles and generates fine.
> The rest of the Help buttons work fine. Is the problem in
> Robohelp or the application?

You say that you are having problems with two Help buttons in an
application. Did you build the application and those buttons? It sounds
like whomever built the application and specified the action of those two
Help buttons would know what's going on.

Note that sometimes when you pass a WebHelp system off to devleopers to
implement, they may do fancy things like adding context sensitivty (which
you can also do within RoboHELP, of course.) If the developer set up those
two Help buttons to point to particular topics within your help system, and
between then and now you changed the name of those topics, then the buttons
would no longer work. You'd need to contact the developer who built the
functionality of those buttons.

HTH.