RE: Goodbye TECHWR-L

Subject: RE: Goodbye TECHWR-L
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:22:04 -0500

<arggh>

Well, folks... this is a sorry state of affairs. I hope you're proud of
yourselves. Consider this as well... In spite of the abuse you've heaped on
him, Andrew and his company have been sponsoring this mailing list. How
many of you folks who insulted and threatened him have sponsored the list
or even contributed out of your own pocket to the support of this list?

Andrew, I'm going to miss your posts to this list. We've crossed swords
once or twice but never sunk to the level of insult or abuse because even
when we disagreed neither of us ever took it personally. As I've promised
in the past, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll be happy to buy
you a beer.

I can only hope that some wealthy individual sets up an endowment at some
university for the Andrew Plato Scholarship for the study of Documentation
Processes and Font Selection Methodology (Bill Gates, you listening?).

Mike

---
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334
Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com