Re: WORD issue solved

Subject: Re: WORD issue solved
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:28:34 -0400

> I can't print my document because my PC is limited to 512Mb of
> RAM and Word needs more than that when printing.

Very strange. In my last contract I worked on a 200-page Word 97 doc with an
index, TOC, cross-references, auto-numbering, and several hundred images
inserted as GIFs. The thing was about 3MB in size. I had no problem printing to
the Distiller driver or the actual printer, and I don't remember having any
major crashes. A few glitches here and there, but they just seemed to be the
standard random Word hiccups that I see even with very short documents. Since I
saved the doc frequently, I never lost much work.

That was on (IIRC) an 800mhz PIII running WinNT 4.0 with 192MB of RAM. Nothing
spectacular.

Microsoft must sell every other copy of Word with evil gremlins added, and I
just haven't gotten the gremlin version yet. ;)

Christine