RE: Starting Out

Subject: RE: Starting Out
From: "Wilcox, Rose (ZB5646)" <Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:40:13 -0700

<<
I've been doing technical documentation (writing, illustrating, editing) for

a long time (20+ years), but - after being laid off for the umpteenth too
many times over the past few years - I have decided to try contracting
instead of going from company to company as a very un-permanent employee.
>.
Yah, sometimes I think permanent jobs are just another type of contracting
job...

<,
However, it is only for 2-3 months, it does pay considerably more than my
>.
All my 2-3 month contracts turned into 6 months or more contracts...
<<
However, would it really be to my benefit to do that? Would I get labeled
at the junior level, and only come to mind when less challenging work is
available?>>

That's unanswerable... it depends on corporate climate and on the people you
are working with, particularly boss-type people....

Sorry I couldn't really help... I think it entirely depends on your personal
situtation... are you at the point where anything is better than nothing? I
would only take a job underneathe my talents if I were at that point....

Rosie