RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers

Subject: RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers
From: kate -at- kathleen -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:5:43

Catherine Ednie wrote:
> What about
>
> Don't want to take the time to write the email because I'm supposed to be
> working anyway and feel guilty enough already about spending time reading
> this list...(even though I have been educated on a number of useful subjects
> in the short time I've been here)

That's closer to it for me, too. I've been mostly lurking on this list for
something like 6 or 7 years off and on, and the majority of the time, I
just don't have time to keep up with the traffic. When I see a subject line
that interests me, I read the thread, and occasionally I'll post a reply.

As for the other side of lurking -- replying to posts offlist rather than
on -- I'll do that from time to time if I think the topic is of limited
interest or if the response isn't timely (i.e., if several days have
passed, which is like an eternity in internet time).

But I have long intended to become more vocal on this list. It's one of
those "when I get the time" kinds of intents, and for better or worse, I
haven't really had the time. I suspect a good number of others are in the
same boat.

- Kate O'