TOOLS: Dreamweaver crashes

Subject: TOOLS: Dreamweaver crashes
From: Joyce Fetterman <JoyceF -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:28:20 -0400

I'm experiencing frequent DW4 "freezes"; ten so far today.

I'm running DW 4.01 on a 600 mghz Pentium with 512k RAM. I'm not running any
other applications at the same time. I'm working with fairly small HTML
files, a limited external style sheet, using templates. Running on a local
drive, not the network. Nothing complicated... I have only one or two
documents open at any time.

I've been having this problem on and off for weeks. Last week we doubled my
memory from 256k to 512k. That worked for a few days, but now I'm having
trouble again. I've uninstalled every app I'm not using, and I've run
utilities to clean the registry, defrag the drive, etc.

Sometimes, I get the message "Dreamweaver.exe has generated errors and will
be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is
being created." (I finally located what seems to be the error log, but I
can't decipher it.) Other times, DW simply closes itself, without any
message at all.

This is totally exasperating. ANY assistance or suggestions will be greatly
appreciated. Please copy me directly with responses, as I'm on digest.

Joyce

(Message cross-posted to Dreamweaver list)