Doc Translations - help for a newbie

Subject: Doc Translations - help for a newbie
From: Stephanie -dot- Seveska -at- abbott -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:44:24 -0600

Morning every one,

I have a project coming up in which I will be taking Canadian French documents
from Wordperfect and converting them into FrameMaker. Is there any simple way
to do this? Also, the text from Wordperfect still needs to be formatted to our
standards in Frame. First off, I don't have Wordperfect and won't get it, but
I thought I could open the original document in Microsoft Word and them haul
them over into Frame. I'm not sure this is the best way though. Second, as far
as I know, Frame doesn't support the font I would need to retain special
characters (i.e accents), and I'm not sure if all of the special characters
can be recreated using key commands. Has anyone ever had to do something
(anything...) similar? Any suggestions? My time line is very short, but
miracles are expected! Any help at all is wonderful!

Thanks in advance!
Anne Seveska