RE: "Click on" or "click"

Subject: RE: "Click on" or "click"
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:46:43 -0600

And what is their justification for this decision? I'm not saying that style guides don't have their place, but they are not infallible and have even been known to be amended in later versions (even the venerable AP manual gets changed from time to time).

I refuse to accept Microsoft's opinion on a style issue unless I can hear a justification that makes more sense than the alternatives.