Re: Validating documentation

Subject: Re: Validating documentation
From: Michael Oboryshko <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:26:12 -0800 (PST)

Andrew wrote:
> Engineers don't blame writers when their code fails to run.

Sure they do:

"We aren't going to fix that problem - it wasn't in the
requirements document."

"Oh, you mean my code's not running because there's an IP block
on the application server? Why wasn't that documented?..."

"We just spent three days trying to fix our code... turns out
the problem was caused by an undocumented IIS bug..."

... and so on.

And most engineers whine like a stuck bearing when they get new
requirements at the last minute. For writers, that's exactly
what system changes are -- new requirements.

Mike O.

http://movies.yahoo.com/

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr