voice profiles

Subject: voice profiles
From: "Ed Gregory" <ed -at- gregorynet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:01:00 -0600

"Recorded voice profiles" tells me this is something that likely was created
by recording a human voice. It might be digitized, extrapolated, crunched,
bunched, but still started with the recording of a human voice.

"Voice profiles" could be purely mechanical representations of human voice
categorized as male, female, young, old, etc., and indicates that this might
sound like those awful mechanical voices you hear on some telephone
answering systems.

-Ed Gregory