SOLVED: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?

Subject: SOLVED: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?
From: "Cadorette Johanne" <johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:25:18 -0500

Thanks for all your responses!

I was pretty clear on what was meant by "splitting the hard drive," but unsure how to rephrase it without the jargon "splitting." I'm going with either "divide the hard drive into two partitions," or "create two partitions..."

FYI, the intended readers are a mixed bag, but I'm told most would know hardware enough to understand the procedure.

As Bruce Byfield pointed out, this isn't an uncommon practice. Our systems are usually shipped pre-installed on computers with the hard drive already partitioned(which is why I've never had to document this). The OS is on c, while the application data is on d.

Much appreciated,

Johanne Cadorette

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!