Re: Documenting "touchy" applications? (take II)

Subject: Re: Documenting "touchy" applications? (take II)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:59:15 -0800 (PST)

> But I'm still not sure why your developers can't simply code the
> script so
> that it works from anywhere. Nobody knows the code like they do,
> and if they
> can't press the proper buttons so the user doesn't have to, it
> seems to me there's a bigger problem than how to document
> the procedure.

Let me put this tactfully...

The programming project is being managed by an outside "big-bucks"
consulting company..so big, they have PGA Golf Tournaments named
after them. They are behind...very behind. Everytime someone says
"but it should work here too", their response is "It's not in the
requirements documentation (which they wrote), we'll classify it as
an enhancement for the next release (when we won't be around to worry
about it)".

Does that make it any clearer?

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer