Re: Reference books you use the most

Subject: Re: Reference books you use the most
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:51:21 -0700

<kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com> wrote in message
news:m16kPYQ-000BN7C -at- mail -dot- GTS -dot- NET -dot- -dot- -dot-

> 1. List the reference books (maximum of five) that you use most
> frequently.

Concise Oxford English Dictionary.
Special Edition Using Word 2000 (One day, I'll get the XP version.)
Special Edition Using Excel 2000 (One day, I'll get the XP version of
this too.)
How to Master the Art of Selling, Tom Hopkins.
SAS Software documentation.

> 2. In one sentence, summarize or list the kind(s) of writing you do.
(i.e.
> manuals, help systems, marketing, fiction, humor, journalism, weird
sig
> lines, etc.)

Procedures, software user manuals, research reports, and (a new kid on
the block) test specifications for software.

> .....and to keep this truly scientific......
>
> 3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Definitely a cat person. Though there are times my little alley cat
(who looks a lot like a Maine Coon) would rather be a dog.

--
John Fleming
Technical Communication Contractor/ SAS Programmer/ Counter of Inmates

www.ehelp.com/techwr