RE: It's time to go

Subject: RE: It's time to go
From: "Jim Morgan" <Jim -dot- Morgan -at- portalplayer -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:29:38 -0800

I would like to add my compliments and gratitude to Eric and everyone,
but also my concern about the level of civility. I hesitate to post to
this list because no matter how politely I try to word things, always
taking time to review my message before hitting "send," I still manage
to get flamed on occasion simply for having an opposing opinion. But I
don't envision leaving the list, because your collective generosity has
saved me hundreds of dollars (at least) in the year I've been onboard.

My suggested solution is a bit hard-nosed. If I were you, Eric, I would
continue to excuse the occasional slip, but axe anyone if a second
warning isn't heeded. I recognize that personality differences make
civility easier for some people than for others, speaking (regrettably)
as someone in the latter category. But the same can be said for
controlling the urge to wring an SME's neck on occasion. Regardless of
how strong that urge is in a given individual, society doesn't tolerate
giving in to it.

In our case, I don't think tolerating differences means having to
tolerate rudeness.

Thank you,
Jim

Jim Morgan