RE: The Big Lie (was 'Are You a Writer?')

Subject: RE: The Big Lie (was 'Are You a Writer?')
From: "Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)" <Stephen -dot- Gillespie -at- Persnet -dot- Navy -dot- Mil>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:55:55 -0500

thank you, Bruce - some good points, but I need to add that although (IMO)
more likely, the inclusion of 'Academia' in Andrew's indictment is equally
'fishy' ... The MA writing program that I completed was also soft on
technology required, and like you, I've been (trying to) catching up
('course, this was back before Al Gore invented the Internet!). But I
wouldn't lay this on tech comm ed/training AT LARGE without some empirical
evidence, e.g. maybe a survey/research of the US college curricula for all
(genuine) 'technology' classes required.

Anyway, I like your analogy. Maybe STC is trying to sell the 'sizzle'
(rather than the beef), but I don't believe they forget the burger is what
we all want.
Steve G.