RE: Re(2): I suppose this is my most frustrating grammar error

Subject: RE: Re(2): I suppose this is my most frustrating grammar error
From: "Gordon Graham" <gordon -at- gordonandgordon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:16:08 -0500

Much as I hate to give Microsoft credit for doing something RIGHT, their
Manual of Style for Technical Publications has clearly saved the world a lot
of dithering over what to call certain items in their ubiquitous software.

I have bought two editions and I will happily buy the next when it comes
out. I use it as a REFERENCE book to see what Microsoft calls the various
geehaws in their interfaces. I don't use it as a manual of style, or for any
advice on how to write a sentence, no matter what the blurb on the back
cover says.

I don't judge SF paperbacks by the painting on their covers, either, because
a lot of the time the artists were never even shown the manuscript. ;-)

Gordon Graham, partner
Gordon & Gordon
(514) 488-1875
www.gordonandgordon.com