RE: CSS created by WWP 7.0

Subject: RE: CSS created by WWP 7.0
From: Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- nocpulse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:52:38 -0800

I've only been toying with it for a couple of days but this
is what I gather..

There are actually two css files, document.css and catalog.css.

the latter is the css file that is created when pages are
generated, the docs say not to even bother editing it,
because it is always being generated.

I had to go in the asp files and remove references to those
two css files and reference my own. Also in the new style
designer, there is a field called mark-up, I had to include
the style name in that field, i.e. p class="normal". I guess
web works parses that input and formats it correctly. One
this is I found a bunch of css references that put the letter
p in front of a class, such as class="pbody". I haven't been
able to figure out where that comes from though.

The thing is this from what I can tell, you can use style
designer to create your styles and that is fine as long as
you don't work for someone who wants you to use their style
sheet, it that case it is back to manual editing. I could be
wrong, I have posted similar questions to wwp-users, but
sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't.

But the end result is that my doc is formatted to my style sheet.

Wade