thanks for translation info

Subject: thanks for translation info
From: Jane Credland <credland -at- lmi -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:55:47 -0800

Thought I'd provide a little follow-up to a conversation we had in late
December. I'd pointed out that my research preparatory to drafting
localization guidelines for our group had shown that writers were not
supposed to use gerunds (aka participles) in headings of documents
scheduled for localization. Bill Burns, among others, disagreed with this
idea and gave me some opposing viewpoints to put forward to our managers.

As a result of that conversation and others, we decided to stick with
gerunds in headings. We're still discussing some other niggling points in
our localization guidelines, but we're slowly coming to something like a
consensus.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank Bill Burns, Christine Annameier and all the
others who gave me food for thought and contributed to our ongoing debate.

Jane
credland -at- lmi -dot- net