RE: Online portfolios and viewing source (was RE: Other handshakes?)

Subject: RE: Online portfolios and viewing source (was RE: Other handshakes?)
From: jrondeau <jrondeau -at- OREGON -dot- UOREGON -dot- EDU>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:28:36 -0800

After swearing I would not say anything about this over-worked topic, I am at
long last driven to it.

I have spent the past two days trying to clean up a web site created in
FrontPage. Now, I consider myself pretty good at getting up to speed with
tools (haven't worked a helluva lot w/ FrontPage), but I've got deadlines and
believe me, this site, and all its files, are a ghastly MESS. (I'll spare the
details, for reasons that have also been exhaustively discussed on the list
recently.)

So what do I do? What else, I go in and manually edit/re-write the HTML. No,
I do not bother removing all the unnecessary tags. I would love to, but I
don't have time, and my employer (remember? I assume one of the reasons these
topics have been recurring so often recently is because of this kind of thing
. . .) doesn't have the money to pay me for what is, from her point of view, a
luxury.

Would I put this site on my resume? Not now, not no way. But at some point I
may need to, simply to demonstrate the experience. I hope I can get it into
some kind of shape I can be at least not ashamed of. It's already a
demonstration of my command of HTML. But I sure can't figure out how to show
anybody that this is the case.

Just my $0.015 worth.

Jennifer
who's also an HTML snob, although she'd NEVER call herself an expert

>===== Original Message From Darren Barefoot <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
<snip>