Examples of freelance contracts

Subject: Examples of freelance contracts
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:40:27 -0500

Would any of you freelancers or former indie workers be willing to share
examples of contracts you've used with clients? I just got burned big time
because I didn't use any kind of contract (I'm beating myself up about it)
and the project swelled to three times its originally agreed upon size. When
I finally told the client that he'd have to either scale it back or pay a
higher rate, he abruptly cancelled the contract, and I got only a fraction
of the originally agreed amount for an almost-complete project.

If you would be willing to show me your contract, or even portions of one,
please send them to me offlist at justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Cascio, RoboHELP Guru
justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James D. Nicoll