RE: dreaded part of the job

Subject: RE: dreaded part of the job
From: "Isley, Donna D - CNF" <Isley -dot- Donna -at- cnf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:46:15 -0800

My take, is if you're being paid, there are no demeaning jobs, only
demeaning attitudes. I've been in the publishing business since the 60s.
Years ago, I was only happy to do what I wanted to do (write), now I find
because my attitude has changed, I'll do darn near anything I'm asked and
feel good about it. I feel fortunate, every morning, to go to work where
I'm paid well and have a reasonably secure job. I'm far more fortunate than
a lot of people. So if my boss askes me to format a crappy Word document, I
do it (with a smile on my face). It's paid off. When something new comes
along, I get it. Because I'm known as a "can do" person. I'm a problem
solver, not part of the problem.

One of the hardest working people in our department is our administrative
assistant. I've never considered anything she does to be demeaning. If she
can do it, so can I.

There are no dishonorable jobs, only dishonorable people.

Donna
isley -dot- donna -at- cnf -dot- com