Re: A Cautionary Tale.

Subject: Re: A Cautionary Tale.
From: "Paul Moloney" <paulmoloney -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:23:46 -0000

> From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>

> First, always get permission to leave copies from the sample's owner - the
> company you did the work for.

Oh, I should point that the reason I'm so annoyed at losing
these manuals is that not only were they printed rather nicely,
but also the company I did them for no longer exists, so there
is no problem with rivals or anything of the sort. Plus, I didn't
mind leaving the portfolio with this particular company as
they were in a totally separate line of business.

Anyway, I guess I'll chalk it up to experience. From now on,
I'm keeping portfolios handcuffed to me..

P.

PS: Some asides on previous threads:

Someone mentioned they were a "mere" 5'6". Stand aside, pipsqueak,
and make way for Mr 5'2" here. :)

I'm curious about this "short man's disease" that someone mentioned
before. I've seen comment made before in other online forums (mainly
misc.fitness.weights, where some have said they think any
short man at a gym has a complex. And uh, wouldn't actually be
concerned about having a nice bod.) To be honest, I would figure
that average-sized men would be more intimidated
by a tall women, since they wouldn't be normally used to a
woman being taller than them. At my height, _most_ people are
taller than me; if I was going to go around all day being
intimidated by height, well, I'd never leave the house.

As for ego-surfing, I managed to turn up an Australian soap
director and a pro golfer (whose sister, coincidentally, once
emailed me because of the same name).

On the issue of worrying about what you've said in the past,
well, I've been posting to Usenet since I was 18 (1988), so I
have no way of escaping my youthful utterances, including
my flame wars on everything from religion to science fiction
(insulting one relatively well known SF author to their virtual
faces along the way). I can only hope that if an employer does
go to these lengths to find out more about me, then they are
impressed by my youthful passion and prolific writing. :)

P.