Re: A cautionary tale

Subject: Re: A cautionary tale
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:13:46 -0800 (PST)

STEVES -at- YARDI -dot- com (Steve Shepard) writes:

>I sympathize with Paul and I understand both your perspectives, but as a
>manager, I have a different take. When I interview someone, I rarely have
>the time, then and there, to give someone's portfolio the attention it
>deserves and I often want my editor(s) to look at it and give me feed back.
>So, I always ask for the interviewee to leave it. But, I arrange for it's
>return then and there. What day they can pick it up, where, etc.
>
>But, if I was interviewing for a job, I would be cautious about leaving a
>portfolio myself. What to do?
>
>Late last year I interviewed people for a position and the two people I
>ended up interviewing both left me their portfolios. They both got them back
>in the same condition they left it with me.

I would agree with Damien that I would hesitate greatly to
leave my portfolio at all. If I absolutely had to, though,
I'd probably make returning it as easy as possible by also
providing a self-addressed stamped envelope or folded
FedEx box and form with it.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html

Calling Windows XP "the most reliable Windows ever" is like calling
asparagus "the most articulate vegetable ever" -- Dave Barry