Re: Language Check List

Subject: Re: Language Check List
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:40:05 -0500

Stan Schwartz wrote:

> The list is sure to cause resentment if presented to your
> programmers. Present it to management with a document requesting
> proofreading services. If that isn't politically expedient, use it to
> solidify your own contribution within the company.

There are times when the how is more important that the content. It is
important to avoid the perception of being picky. (Remember management
thinks that writers spend hours obsessing over comment placement, split
infinitives and gerunds.) I am not certain that any list should be
presented. IMNVHO, I think that a simple suggestion that maybe after a
review for typographical errors our screen texts would look more
professional, should be made. All but the most PHBs would understand
what you are doing and few would be offended.

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)