Re: on the subject of maturity

Subject: Re: on the subject of maturity
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:13:34 -0500

John Cornellier wrote:

> Depends what you mean by "say no and push back". If your approach to collaberation is that issues are resolved by conflict then yes, that may make you difficult to work with. Conflict
> as a means of resolving issues is overrated.

It has been said that a camel is a horse put together by a committee.
Compromise often leads to ridiculous results, but the paperwork looks
good on on paper the teamwork paradigm is satisfied. Classic example, I
wrote a three page document. The recipient complained that the document
should be no more than one page. After trying to cut back on the
language, I realized that too much meaning would be sacrificed in the
name of brevity. I presented the document in 6 pt type with very narrow
margins. The comment upon presentation: "That is exactly what we wanted,
I knew you could do it."
Watchyagonnado.

--
Peter
Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.