RE: Reality check

Subject: RE: Reality check
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:10:50 -0500

I tend to agree with Sharon that this is "a train wreck in the making." It
MIGHT be possible if the 50-or-so screens existed AND there were some sort
of specs, etc., but this sounds much less stable than that.

When I was contracting, I once did a book in a month, start to finish, with
developers for whom English was not a first language. What saved my butt was
the fact that the company had similar products that helped me get up to
speed, and the product was far enough along to let me fiddle with it, do
screen captures, and blow the thing up once in a while.

But a book AND a CBT, with things sounding pretty unsettled, is much more
than I would want to take on for a 4-week delivery cycle.

I hear that train a comin'

Marguerite