Re: Does Dungeons and Dragons make technical writers?

Subject: Re: Does Dungeons and Dragons make technical writers?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:07:55 -0800

Andrew Plato wrote:

D&D might have made you a better writer, but wargames prepare you for
business. Got to think like a general and flank the competition.
I dunno. Based on my limited exposure, I would have thought that what you'd learn from war games is to spend hours and hours setting things up, then get called for dinner. Some of those games took longer to prepare than the original war took to fight.

"To bring the dead to life
Is no great magic.
Few are wholly dead:
Blow on a dead man's embers
And a live flame will start."
-Robert Graves, "To Bring the Dead to Life"

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr