Re: What should I wear for a phone interview? LONG

Subject: Re: What should I wear for a phone interview? LONG
From: Stan Schwartz <stanz -at- cam -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:26:58 -0500

John Posada:

Has anyone had specific training for this and what was it? I for one,
during HS, was involved in debating and other competition speaking
engagements between schools. Anyone else? How about Toastmasters?
Sales training (me...18 years sales)

Hi,
I 'coach' effective speaking in one of the local university continuing education programs. I've been doing this for several years. I think that Toastmaster's International is a terrific way to gain self confidence and learn to think on your feet.

Being nervous about speaking before a group of people is natural. It comes from the desire to do well. If you were not nervous, you would probably be broken, impaired, or unaware of your surroundings. The other detail is that if you don't tell anyone you are nervous, probably noone would notice anyway because we are so wrapped up with ourselves. My last bits of advice are that you probably won't be asked to speak about anything about which you are ignorant and if you concentrate on communicating your information instead of trying to be an entertainer the burden of the presentation is shifted to your trump suit. HTH,

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr