RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneinte---rvi ew?)

Subject: RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneinte---rvi ew?)
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:27:40 -0700

I agree that performing experience can totally eliminate fear of public
speaking. I've done amateur theater, followed by 20+ years as a
professional musician.

But I think it was the 2 years I spent as emcee for my band in a redneck
biker bar in rural Florida that did the most to make me a truly fearless
speaker. I was literally taking my life in my hands as I'd improvise
comedy monologues that often targeted members of the audience, many of
whom had done long stretches in prison.

After that, no get-together in a conference room will EVER intimidate me!

Cheers!

-KC

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr