RE: Online Portfolio(from:job interview question...)

Subject: RE: Online Portfolio(from:job interview question...)
From: Simon Rumble <srumble -at- pilatmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:29:05 -0000

Keith Cronin wrote:
> None of the tech writing I've done could be posted online,
> for proprietary reasons.
>
> If you've done some generic "how to program a VCR" doc as a college
> project or something, then that might be good to post, but I'd imagine
> most of us are in the same boat. Typically we don't own the
> docs we write.

If you really have trouble pulling together a portfolio, it's worth
investing a little time in writing some articles for the trade press. It's
not hard to get published there and you can showcase your skills in a
non-proprietary area.

I have the advantage of published books which always impress prospective
employers.

--
Simon Rumble
Technical Author, Pilat Media Limited

t: +44 (0)20 8782 0700
m: +44 (0)78 7044 1739
e: srumble -at- pilatmedia -dot- com
w: http://www.pilatmedia.com <http://www.pilatmedia.com/>

These words are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of my
employer.