RE: Question about dressing for job interviews

Subject: RE: Question about dressing for job interviews
From: "Hart, Rowena" <Hart -at- SelkirkFinancial -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:33:33 -0800

Just thought I'd share a story about dressing up
for interviews...

Last summer there was a strike by public transportation
workers in Vancouver, BC (Canada) for over three months.
I had to travel to inverviews by bicycle, which was a
rather hot and sweaty business in the summer city traffic.

I had to arrive at the interview site a good 20 minutes
before the interview so I could clean up and change in
the washroom. I usually changed into a nice skirt and
blouse, chosen specifically for their wrinkle-resistance.
Then, I pulled my portfolio out of my saddle-bags and
sat in reception trying to get my heart rate down and
hoping I wasn't developing any damp sweat marks.

It was actually a really great starting point for the
interview because the interviewer would always observe
my helmet, bike seat, and saddle bags and ask my how far
I'd ridden, what the traffic was like, etc. I think they
were impressed with my presentation considering the
amount of effort that it took me to get to the interview
in the first place.

Cheers,

Rowena

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr