Re: Question about dressing for job interviews

Subject: Re: Question about dressing for job interviews
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai -at- wxs -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:35:04 +0100

-On [20020113 08:45], Emsahlstein -at- cs -dot- com (Emsahlstein -at- cs -dot- com) wrote:
>I'm just getting started looking for a job and I'm wondering what people's
>opinions are on the following question: Do you have to wear a suit? In my
>former field (journalism) I tended to side with the people who say you should
>wear a suit no matter how casual the prospective workplace is, and I never
>had any problems. But not that I'm in high-tech, well ... I wonder if the
>people who came up with that rule anticipated anything like this business,
>which is sometimes so casual that you risk (I think) looking out of touch if
>you show up in a suit.

Depends on the business.

Want to score a job with a bank, hell yes, you're going to come in suit
[at least here in the Netherlands].

If I remember correctly from my friends who live there and my personal
visits to Norway it is only bank personnel that wears suits, the rest of
the working crowd wears casual.

You could also ring the company and ask reception or the person taking
the interview about their dresscode. Worked for me. :)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / asmodai / Kita no Mono / xMach coreteam
asmodai -at- [wxs -dot- nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai -at- ninth-circle -dot- org

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr