doing graphics when you're not an artist

Subject: doing graphics when you're not an artist
From: Liz -dot- Goodwin -at- ametek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:19:08 -0500

>From Jennifer O'Neill:
We need to use more graphics in our manuals.

We don't have a technical artist and do all the graphics ourselves. I have
found Visio to be an excellent program with a large variety of templates
you can use for almost any application. You can also use "Save As" to
change the file format and open the file in Draw, Illustrator or Photoshop
and apply more-detailed shading and colors. You don't have to be a graphic
designer to use this program!

Liz Goodwin
Technical Writer, Dycor
AMETEK P&AI

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr