Re: KDE Help

Subject: Re: KDE Help
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:08:59 -0800

KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:

Somebody 'splain it to me.

Hey, this is Linux you're talking about. People are proud simply to have a help system. Making it a decent one is a distant priority. :-)

Seriously, I don't know why it's designed the way it is, but I notice at http://www.kde.org/jobs/jobs-open.html that there's a call for documentation writers. This would be a good place for new writers to gain experience while working with some interesting material.

"Now everything's lurching out of control, they're infiltrating my head,
When I woke up this morning, they were all around my bed,
If I knew who the enemy was, I'd shoot the bastard - dead."
-Leon Rosselson, "Somebody's Stolen the End of My Dream"

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr