problem instaling adobe acrobat 5

Subject: problem instaling adobe acrobat 5
From: "bgoett" <rbg -at- silk -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:11:36 -0800

I had a problem with Acrobat 5 when I first tried to distill a document.
Check your printer settings to see if you have a post script printer
installed. If you don't, go to the Adobe website and download one. Then,
to distill a document here's what I do:

Open the document (e.g in Word) and click "File" then "Print."
Select your post script printer.
Select the "Print to File" box then "Okay."
Select the file you want to save the document in.
Type the name of your file followed by .ps (you have to type .ps or it won't
work).
Select "All Files" in the save as type box.
Click "Okay."

Now your document will be saved as a post script file.

Next, open Adobe Distiller
Click "File" then "Open"
Select the post script file you just saved.
Designate the location you want to save the pdf in.
Click "Save."

That's it.

If there is a streamlined way of doing this I would like to know how. This
is the only way I can seem to make the damn thing work.

Oh yes, next time you just want to print a hardcopy of something, you might
have to change your printer settings from post script printer to your normal
printer first.

Bruce Goett