Re: offline courtesy among list members

Subject: Re: offline courtesy among list members
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:44:48 -0500

At 6:32 AM -0700 12/18/01, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

Sorry to be a whiner, but I'm a little disappointed in the behavior of
some members of this list.

I've had similar lack-of-response blues occasionally, but I try not to let it get me down.

Yes, sometimes people forget to send thanks. But don't blame all instances on deliberate malice or even lack of courtesy. Sometimes thank-you messages bounce because a server is busy. Sometimes *your* carefully crafted message goes astray and is never received. It's a reality of cyberspace, and one reason why many companies still use FedEx for Really Important Stuff.

- Keith "tech writers have feelings too" Cronin

/K@
Sometimes, I'm convinced, my reply message electrons elope with somebody else's original message that I never saw, although at least 87 other people apparently got it and replied promptly.

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr