Re: offline courtesy among list members

Subject: Re: offline courtesy among list members
From: "Barnett, Eva" <Eva -dot- Barnett -at- aketontechnologies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:00:29 -0800

Hi All,
I just wanted to offer my perspective on this one. It's been my
experience whenever I contact members off-list that they're completely
courteous and polite. Even when I have said things that are thoughtless
or mildly insensitive, people have been gentle in pointing it out.
Of course there are the occasional nasty comments that get thrown around
on techwr-l, but to me, the remarkable thing about the list is the
kindness, generousity, and courtesy that seems to be the norm.
I don't mean this as a "if your experience is different, you're wrong"
type of post. I just wanted to share my experience and perspective.
-Eva